There seems to be a anti-resolution making sentiment going around this year. This probably stems from people setting themselves up for failure with lofty dreams without taking into consideration what it takes to make them come through. It might also have to do with people focusing on giving things up or doing something they don’t find enjoyable. For example, losing 20 pounds doesn’t sound like fun, but if a wants to go to the beach in her bikini for the first time in 10 years, that just seems more fun…more positive…something that you WANT to do, right? It’s time to get the mindset in a positive place and primed for success.
I started on that vein a couple of years ago when I wrote of my Top 10 Resolutions for the Single Man. It was filled with actionable items that I could put into practice and have control over. It’s also quite funny, if I can pat myself on the back. I’ll go ahead and do that now. OK, I’m done. What’s the plan for 2013??
I think that starting this year, instead of resolutions I will focus on themes and aspirations in a sort of plan for the business of being ME throughout the year. Instead of resolutions, I will be making my #BusinessPlan2013. Don’t worry, there are more hashtags on the ways.
- Life is not a romantic comedy. I’m tired of being seen only for my wit and near freaking brilliance. This year, I want to get to place where I will be objectified for my body. I realize that this is going to take a commitment to some intake changes (diet) and also some energy exertion (exercise), but I think the shallow attention will be worth it.
If you’re looking for some cool technology assistance in the fitness department, I’ve written about Zombies, Run! and 6 Week Trainer. I can no longer recommend Zombies, Run! because they are exhibiting troubling behavior by abandoning paying customers on a whim. They also took money from Nokia and Microsoft. Not cool and now I wouldn’t trust them no matter what platform you’re on.
- It’s year of the #hashtag in the JDE and I hope you’ll join me. It’s all about the #NoExcuses and #NoRegrets. I am going to be shooting and shooting and uploading and sharing videos, alllll the time. If you don’t want to see the #NoExcuses videos then don’t subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/dalydose. Just don’t do it…or do it and have #NoRegrets since #NoRegrets is the other hashtag plan for the year.
- I want to do those Santa Monica stairs that I hear so much about as part of my “Gain More California Experiences” aspiration.
- The most important part of my #Business2013 plan is an all out effort to protect the ego-system. People laugh when I make the joke that my favorite framed art is a mirror, but the more I joke about it and make those kinds of comments, the more that positive self image I have. Do it people. Love yourself and a ton of other things in your life will start turning about.
- That’s all for now, but expect more throughout the year. For now I have to do some pushups and admire the awesomeness of me, into the mirror. I’m getting a head start on an amazing 2013.
Posted on December 30, 2012, in Just Life and tagged 2013, DalyDose, Jeff Daly, New Year's resolution, resolutions. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
You are pretty freaking funny but you also should definitely be worshiped for your awesome bod too!!! 🙂 Seems only right… 🙂 XOXO
I can’t argue with any of that, I just wish it had a bit more potty mouth in there. It’s a Jody A signature ingredient!
Pingback: Sharing Amazing « A DalyDose of…Jeff Daly