Author Archives: jeffdalydose
I recently learned on XDA that the Google Camera app that comes with the Google Pixel has been modded to work on most newer Android phones. They also checked out the code, deemed it safe and made me feel comfortable loading it up on my Samsung Galaxy S8.
Here’s the article including install links:
Everyone seems to be excited about the HDR+ feature and maybe I’ll do some side by side shoots with that and the stock Samsung Camera app, but not now. I’m interested in the various stitching capabilities, like panorama, Sphere Photos, and wide angle selfies.
I’m just over here making my bed and decided that the Intimidater needed to get political. With an audience of dozens, it’s my duty to bellow unrequested positions (phrasing).
Those two pillows stand not in mismatched contrast, rather they symbolize the diversity of ladies welcome to share pillow time, upon my alter of physically expressed love or, in lieu of love, impulsive nighttime aerobics.
That, or I have actually lost a pillowcase. Who loses a dayum pillowcase? It’s not like it’s a little sock; It’s a fairly significant piece of fabric, for nekkid foot sake. One would have to be an idiot to lose a pillowcase.
So really, I have no choice, but to go with the diversity angle. Umm hmmm…
1. There are payphones…a significant number of payphones. No one is using them, but, you know….they could.
2. People are wearing shoes. Not flip flops or sandals or bare feet…except for the dude sitting behind me on the plane who almost left with vomit toes.
3. I’ve only heard one language being spoken. To be fair, the accents are varied.
4. I’ve seen more places selling beer than fresh squeezed juice.
5. Traffic is heavier on the runway than the freeway.
6. There is a strong diversity…of electronics. The iCult has a presence, but it’s not dominant.
7. I heard someone properly order a carbonated, beverage…as POP. It should also be noted that there was a line at McDonald’s. California’s have an irrational level of hatred for the Golden Arches
8. I have legitimately seen zero people taking selfies or video chatting.
9. No one seems to be just heading out to find themselves or go on a social media boast trip. Many, many people seem to have a common affliction. I think the technical term for it is, employment. Who knew people traveled to be productive
10. In what might be the most unionized, liberal place in the country, I’ve not heard one political quip, snark, or any of the unending anger laced, “clever” activism. People are pleasant and it’s safe to talk to them without them finding a way to twist any topic into telling you about their political views. No, they don’t need to be “woke”.
There are places everywhere to charge your phone…for free! They even have FREE stations to use a tablet.
I really do feel like a man with two homes. I’m missing my MichiPeeps hard right now. The beauty of Los Angeles is a minor salve. Ideally, I’ll be designing a life through FilmZoo that will allow me to get back to Michigan more regularly. Feel free to mosey on over to the FilmZoo page and follow the progress and read my pleas for assistance. Speaking of, I’m currently seeking a Michigan lawyer to help with the non-profit paperwork and filing. Of course, I’m asking for pro-bono help, right now. There will be plenty of contract work in the future, though, so…you know…invade my Inbox with offers! 🙂 As I ponder going going between Los Angeles and Kalamazoo, I feel like I will be constantly recalibrating to match each unique home. You knew this was coming, right???
I don’t sleep a lot because my mind is always thinking. No, I’m not bragging that I’m solving big world problems or crafting the next great novel. A lot of the time, it’s about stuff that makes me laugh and I wonder how I can put it together into something that will make you laugh. Sometimes, I think about random stuff that make me make the face in this GIF. Here is a sample list of what goes on in this head. There may be clues as to why I’m single, too.
Me: Can you please get back to me. with an answer?
Not Me: Sure. Where did you send the question?
Me: I don’t remember.
Not Me: Facebook, Facebook Messenger?
Me: Not sure.
Not Me: Twitter. Instagram. WhatsApp. Skype?
Me: I don’t think so.
Not Me: FaceTime or Google Plus
BOTH: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Not me: SnapChat
Me: Definitely not. It wasn’t an emergency!
Not me: Text or…a real phone call?
Me: No way. I doubt it. Maybe??? Wait. I actually asked you, in person, like yesterday.
Not me: In person? Is that an app??? Can you send me an invite? I don’t have that one.
Today is the kickoff of BirthDALY Weekend, 2017. On Facebook, I promised to be both silly and introspective – to ponder as much as party. Hopefully, this random list of thoughts satisfies all of my varied goals in one post. Of course, there will be more all weekend. You’ve been warned
OK, on with the random awesomeness!
The screen of the Galaxy S8 is BIG, but as “they” sometimes say, it is the little things that matter. I don’t know how true that is in all situations, but I’m discovering that it is certainly applicable to mobile technology.
When I moved over to Android and Samsung, from Windows Mobile, I knew about the big stuff that would be different, like the availability of more apps that were part of the “app gap” on Windows. More important to me are some of the little things. These first two features and things that I had requested on Windows for many years. They are small things, but they matter to me.
Today’s double dose of small things are sponsored by the letter “C”. I use my phone for a lot of things, but two areas that are mission critical in the JDE, are COMMUNICATION and CREATIVITY. See, the “C” connection happening? Read the rest of this entry