Category Archives: Just Life
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and of course, I have thoughts:
1. Am I the only one who thinks the 15th is the REAL holiday? Savings on chocolate is just the beginning. I bought a couple of those steaks that they put into the heart shaped containers. DEAL!
It’s about that time. The end of the holiday season is the New Year. Let’s get prepped now. I mean you are done with shopping, right?
Please note that I don’t like resolutions that are outcome based, but I love challenges that are input/effort based. You control what you put in. Focus on that and the results will come, or at least that’s the theory I’m working with.
Check out the video and let me know if you’re down for the 2018 #NoExcuses Challenge.
The apps mentioned are Duolingo and Freeletics. Go get em!
BONUS: start before the New Year and get some 2018 momentum.
I’m just over here making my bed and decided that the Intimidater needed to get political. With an audience of dozens, it’s my duty to bellow unrequested positions (phrasing).
Those two pillows stand not in mismatched contrast, rather they symbolize the diversity of ladies welcome to share pillow time, upon my alter of physically expressed love or, in lieu of love, impulsive nighttime aerobics.
That, or I have actually lost a pillowcase. Who loses a dayum pillowcase? It’s not like it’s a little sock; It’s a fairly significant piece of fabric, for nekkid foot sake. One would have to be an idiot to lose a pillowcase.
So really, I have no choice, but to go with the diversity angle. Umm hmmm…
1. There are payphones…a significant number of payphones. No one is using them, but, you know….they could.
2. People are wearing shoes. Not flip flops or sandals or bare feet…except for the dude sitting behind me on the plane who almost left with vomit toes.
3. I’ve only heard one language being spoken. To be fair, the accents are varied.
4. I’ve seen more places selling beer than fresh squeezed juice.
5. Traffic is heavier on the runway than the freeway.
6. There is a strong diversity…of electronics. The iCult has a presence, but it’s not dominant.
7. I heard someone properly order a carbonated, beverage…as POP. It should also be noted that there was a line at McDonald’s. California’s have an irrational level of hatred for the Golden Arches
8. I have legitimately seen zero people taking selfies or video chatting.
9. No one seems to be just heading out to find themselves or go on a social media boast trip. Many, many people seem to have a common affliction. I think the technical term for it is, employment. Who knew people traveled to be productive
10. In what might be the most unionized, liberal place in the country, I’ve not heard one political quip, snark, or any of the unending anger laced, “clever” activism. People are pleasant and it’s safe to talk to them without them finding a way to twist any topic into telling you about their political views. No, they don’t need to be “woke”.
There are places everywhere to charge your phone…for free! They even have FREE stations to use a tablet.
Today is the kickoff of BirthDALY Weekend, 2017. On Facebook, I promised to be both silly and introspective – to ponder as much as party. Hopefully, this random list of thoughts satisfies all of my varied goals in one post. Of course, there will be more all weekend. You’ve been warned
OK, on with the random awesomeness!
Once upon a time, I watched the documentary “Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead“, which got me intrigued and curious about this whole juicing thing. About that same time, a neighbor offered me her Breville juicer. Not being one to turn down the perfectly functioning throwaway items of others that also happens to coincide with a curiosity that I’m currently having, but not likely to invest in (PHEW)….I accepted…and the adventure begins!