This #MB2W is a challenge. It’s a discipline challenge, but it’s also a cooking challenge. I like carbs. There I said it. I’ve also been having random thoughts:
- I want Pizza.
*Did you know Michigan is home to Little Caesars (Pizza, Pizza!) and Domino’s? I know…you don’t have to say it. They aren’t my first choice, either.
*Did I mention that I want pizza? I love it. Yes, 3rd grade me, I’d marry it.
Discipline takes over. I will still eat Protein+Fats+Vegetables, but I will enjoy that shizz. It’s my right as a American…no as a human friggin being. Pizza is life!
The idea of a meatza, is that the crust is meat. As I’ve not yet braved the cauliflower crust trend, this was my only other choice.Read the rest of this entry
Things are happening. 2020 is coming, but I’m not waiting. Go time is now!
My friends have been having great results with eating protein+fat+vegetables, minimizing sugar and cutting starchy carbs. I’m jumping on the bandwagon because me no likey being fit-fat. I need to fix up the exterior of this vehicle.
I still have speed, endurance, strength and general awesome performance, all around. The aesthetics need some work. I’m going to try to avoid the metaphor salad and end that here.
The main event is my late mid day meal, today. I don’t like to toot my own horn, but I’m fine with beating out my own drum solo! 😂 Wait…that could sound dirty. Who cares? So many days before Christmas. We might as well get the naughty out the way.
This meal resulted from post-Christmas deals and the new anti-Fit-Fat mission:
Traitor Jeff warning: We picked up NY Strip at Vons for $2.99 per friggin pound. That’s ridiculously cheap and I won’t be judged. I also got two lobster tails for $3.99 each.
Today, I went to get stuff for a dry rub, but my TJ was out of smoked paprika. Whaaaaaaaat? I bought the Chili seasoning thing and all that green stuff you see in the veggie lineup. I went over to Sprouts to get paprika, but I found this spicy garlic rub/seasoning. Yes, these steaks are going to be amazing. Hold up, the flavor doesn’t stop there. I needed blue cheese to make the super amazing steak topper sauce.
- Find a great deal on steak
- Rub your meat (phrasing) with your own blend of spices. You can also opt for pre-made rubs, or the standard salt and pepper.
- Let it sit for at least an hour
- Fire up the grill and get going
- Put the lobster on the grill, when you think you have about 10 minutes left for the steak
- Back in the kitchen, put some butter and blue cheese crumbles in a sauce pan and gently mix them together, on low heat
- I used the steam in the bag green beans from TJ. You can put those in the nuke after removing the protein from the grill.
- Plate it
- Pour some of that butter on the lobster tail and then the blue cheese/butter sauce goes right on the steak. It’s a cow on cow situation.
Nothing pressure cooker or air fryer today. I did get ribs, so both features will be used soon!
Now back to this fit-fat issue. My return to warrior shape is eminent. I’ll probably land some shallow lady though. Yay 2020!!